Located in Orleans County, Morgan was granted by the
Vermont legislature in 1780 to a group that included John and Inneas
Calder. It was originally called Caldersburgh, changing in 1801 to
honor another early settler, John Morgan.
Morgan is hilly, heavily wooded, and as such, sparcely
populated. The primary feature of the town is the sizable 1777-acre
-Unincorporated villages and settlements: Morgan Center,