Mount Holly was granted by the Vermont legislature in
1792 by taking land from both Ludlow and
Wallingford and creating a new town.
It is located in Rutland County.
The earliest settlers were Quakers, which also explains
the name. Mount Holly was also a Quaker settlement in New Jersey.
Mount Holly is the site of Summit, which was the highest
point of the former Rutland Railroad and the site where the last spike
connecting Boston and Burlington was driven in in December of 1849.
-Unincorporated villages and settlements: Belmont, Healdville,
Hortonville, Mount Holly village