House is a 35-room Victorian house that was originally
built in 1865 for Bennington lawyer Trenor Park and his wife
Laura. Today, this French Second Style building is open to
the public. Visitors will get to see the nearly-unchanged
furnishings and décor, and the grounds and outbuildings
house a collection of horse-drawn carriages, sleighs, buggies
and fire-fighting equipment. The house hosts a variety of
events every year including a croquet league (see their Website
for a calendar).
The Park-McCullough House is located in North Bennington
on the corner of Park and West Streets. It is open seven days
a week, mid-May to mid-October, 10-4, and guided tours are
available on the hour, 10-3. Admission is $8/adults, $7/seniors
and free for aged twelve and under. Groups are welcome, and
a special rate of $5/person applies for groups of ten or more.
The House can be reached at 802-442-5441.