The John Strong Mansion was build in the mid-1790's
by General John Strong and his wife to replace a cabin that
was burnt to the ground by Indian and Tory troops operating
under General John Burgoyne. In 1934, the Vermont State Society
Daughters of the American Revolution bought the mansion to create
a museum, which now features period rooms/furnishings and herb/perennial
gardens. The Museum also sits in the midst of a 95-acre state
park located on Lake Champlain.
The DAR John Strong Mansion Museum is open Memorial
Day through Labor Day, Saturday and Sunday, 10-5. Admission
is $3/adults, $2/seniors and $1/students (or $5 for a family).
Tours are available, and groups are welcome (special rates apply).
The Museum is located in West Addison, and can be reached at
802-759-2309 or 802-862-3835.